First Line Support Engineer
With a staff of around 1,100, Sogeti BeLux holds a prominent position in the IT services sector in Belgium, and is the main provider of IT services in Luxembourg. Sogeti BeLux is part of the Sogeti group, which employs over 20,000 IT professionals around the world. We provide a broad range of IT services in three lines of business (Application, Infrastructure and Testing Services) and seven domains of expertise (Business Intelligence, Enterprise Content Management, Application Management & Modernisation, Cloud Computing, Desktop & Unified Communication, Mainframe-Destination z and Testing). As diligent business partners, we endeavour to provide solutions suited to our clients’ needs. Our staff members’ passion for IT, skills and professionalism are highly valued by our clients. We take pride in our staff’s commitment and help them in every way we can to achieve their career objectives.
To reinforce our service desk we’re looking for first line support engineers to join our team. For the moment we have different kind of positions and so we’re open to a broad variation of profiles. Do you speak fluently German, Spanish, and Italian? Or are you more fluent in French and Dutch? Do you prefer working during the day or is a variation between day-, night-, and weekend work no problem for you? And do the following responsibilities appeal to you?
- Interpretation and registration of IT questions and problems communicated by end users over the phone;
- You are customer minded, with good communication skills;
- If possible you provide an answer to the questions and/or solve the problems;
- Otherwise you escalate the calls to a higher level of support;
- Depending on your knowledge, experience and interest, your responsibilities may include first and/or second line support.
Then you’re the Service Desk Professional we’re looking for! Depending on your knowledge, experience and interest, you will be working at our service desk or at a project at one of our clients.
- You have minimum a (technical) high school degree;
- You have good knowledge of IT Hardware;
- You see IT problems as a challenge and an opportunity to learn;
- You are familiar with the Windows environment and MS office package - knowledge of another environment is a strong plus;
- Besides English, you can express yourself fluently in Dutch and French. If you are above all fluent in German, Spanish and/or Italian, then that’s a real plus;
- Due to a combination of excellent communication skills and professionalism, you’re able to win the trust of our clients.
Sogeti is the perfect place to bring your passion for IT into play and learn new skills. You will be given the opportunity to develop your career through interesting projects, and your evolution will be monitored closely by your line manager and HR team. Moreover, you will be encouraged to attend training courses to broaden your knowledge and obtain certifications. You can also count on an attractive salary and fringe benefits (e.g. company car).
Our contact person for this vacancy is Stéphanie Van Den Daele.
- Stéphanie Van Den DaeleRecruitment Officer
+32 (0)2 538 92 92
Stéphanie Van Den DaeleRecruitment Officer
+32 (0)2 538 92 92