Capgemini Group and Unity announce a global alliance partnership
...to help organizations leverage the business value of immersive and metaverse experiences. Together, they will play a key role in designing and scaling tailored metaverse solutions for clients and accelerate the convergence between the physical and digital worlds
Paris/San Fransisco, August 3, 2022 – Capgemini and Unity (NYSE: U), the leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content, are joining forces to help organizations everywhere explore and seize business opportunities and benefits of immersive and metaverse experiences across industries.
Over the years, Capgemini and Unity have delivered together numerous value-creating projects for major global companies such as building an interactive application for a major consumer goods company that allows sales teams to visualize shelf space layouts in 3D, or developing an immersive simulator for a fire fighting vehicle manufacturer to train its operators.
Building on these assignments, the two companies will now jointly define and execute sector-specific solutions and professional services to deliver tailored platforms for each client. As part of this new multi-year global partnership alliance, they will:
- define approaches and methodologies, and conduct joint R&D projects as part of the Capgemini Metaverse Lab, jointly contributing to the building of the future metaverse/Web3;
- support each other in terms of business development, solution development and sales initiatives, leveraging expertise and market insights from both organizations;
- scale up a global bench of talent certified on Unity’s RT3D technology, through joint recruitment and training initiatives, in order to grow the global talent pool in these fields.
This new global alliance partnership will focus on sectors and use cases where the digital customer or employee experiences will benefit most: consumer goods & retail, manufacturing, life sciences, telecommunications, media & technology, energy & utilities, financial services, and public services.
“Metaverse and immersive experiences open a whole universe of possibilities for our clients across industries, from enabling more emotional connections with consumers, and reinventing employee experience and collaboration, to optimizing engineering, manufacturing and operations using digital twins,” said Pascal Brier, Chief Innovation Officer at Capgemini and member of the Group Executive Committee. “Shaping sector-specific use cases and developing them at scale will require expert technical and operational capabilities. We are thrilled to partner with Unity, one of the major engines of the metaverse, to enable our clients to realize its real business value.”
“We are thrilled to partner with Capgemini to accelerate the adoption of real time 3D technologies across a number of industries” said Marc Whitten, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Unity Create Solutions. “Unity’s real time 3D solutions will bring many new companies into the next generation of the internet, or metaverse, helping them achieve greater engagement with their customers.”
Unity, a global leader in real-time 3D and immersive experiences, will enhance Capgemini’s capabilities from customer and employee experience (CX/EX) strategy and design to front-end development and integration. With its global footprint, its deep industry expertise and understanding of client needs, as well as its ability to deliver on large-scale digital transformation projects, Capgemini will help to accelerate the growth of Unity’s technology platform. Capgemini will also share market trends and client insights which will enable Unity to further enhance its product roadmap. Joint client projects will benefit from Capgemini’s holistic capabilities in shaping business models and strategies, as well as its technology expertise in components that will be instrumental to roll-out and scale the future metaverse/decentralized Web3. These include AR, VR and MR, blockchain and NFTs, 5G/6G, AI, internet of things and cybersecurity.
Capgemini’s new Metaverse-Lab to help clients shape and execute their metaverse strategies
Capgemini is progressing its ambitions in this new emerging era of the internet through its Metaverse-Lab, comprising a team of senior technology experts from across the Group with a strong track record in the key underlying technologies of the Web3 / metaverse. The Lab aims at shaping industry-specific metaverse strategies and will develop disruptive actionable solutions and platforms with its partners including Unity. Its R&D programs will cover the future of immersive human-machine interfaces and controllers, the future of work in the metaverse, the future of digital twins, and the future of blockchain and Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO).
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices. In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021.
For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity uses its website (investors.unity.com), filings with the SEC, press releases, public conference calls, and public webcasts as means of disclosing material nonpublic information and for complying with its disclosure obligations under Regulation FD.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organisation of over 350,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Get the Future You Want I www.capgemini.com
+91 967 451 5119
+91 967 451 5119
- (11/18/2022) Capgemini Group wins 2022 Salesforce Partner Innovation Award
- (10/18/2022) Capgemini Group wins Microsoft Business Applications 2022/2023 Inner Circle award for the fourth consecutive year
- (10/12/2022) Capgemini Group and Microsoft collaborate to offer cloud-native digital twin solution to help organizations rethink their operations
- (10/3/2022) Organizations need to redefine the employee experience to retain talent and improve satisfaction at work
- (9/16/2022) New Capgemini Group Report: Data is key to bridging the gap between net zero ambition and action
- (9/12/2022) Consumer consciousness around food waste has more than doubled to 72% in two years
- (9/12/2022) Capgemini group to support Eneco’s sustainable energy transition and growth strategy
- (9/12/2022) Capgemini Invent becomes corporate partner of CEMS Alliance to help nurture future-ready, responsible business leaders
- (9/12/2022) Capgemini Group and Unity announce a global alliance partnership
- (3/23/2022) Capgemini Group’s Connected Marketing offering helps brands enhance customer experience by managing customer data in real-time
+1 514 473 6087
+1 514 473 6087