Capgemini Group joins the Stanford Digital Economy Lab (S-DEL) affiliates program to unlock new opportunities created by digitization
Capgemini is the first corporate to collaborate with S-DEL’s research team as an affiliate to understand the collective impact of the digital economy and its role in creating an inclusive society
Paris/Palo Alto, September 16th, 2021 – Capgemini announced today that it is joining the Stanford Digital Economy Lab (S-DEL), as its first corporate affiliate member. It will contribute to the Lab’s mission to understand the impact of the digital economy and its role in creating an inclusive, equal society. S-DEL is a new interdisciplinary research group studying how digital technologies are transforming work, organizations, and the economy towards a world of shared prosperity.
The Lab is led by Erik Brynjolfsson, one of the foremost experts on digital economy, and brings together a group of relevant stakeholders to analyze data, run experiments, develop theories, and provide actionable insights to solve pressing global issues. As part of this initiative, Capgemini with its Applied Innovation Exchange and global client database, will collaborate with the S-DEL to exchange and implement ideas in real-world scenarios and provide feedback to create a meaningful impact.
“Capgemini has a long history of successfully collaborating with academic organizations to drive break-through innovation with and for our clients. We’re glad to be a part of Stanford’s initiative as they have played a significant role in shaping a meaningful and inclusive future for the world. Our collaboration with the Stanford Digital Economy Lab further underlines our commitment to drive tech-based, well researched, sustainable solutions to help societies and organizations get the future they want,” said Pascal Brier, Chief Innovation Officer at Capgemini and member of the Group Executive Committee.
“The answer to many of the most pressing questions that society and businesses are asking today lies in the exploration of digital business models, applied artificial intelligence, and empowering data-driven decision making,” said Andreas Sjöström, Leader of Capgemini’s Applied Innovation Exchange in San Francisco. “We look forward to contributing to the Stanford Digital Economy Lab’s research to leverage new insights and create positive outcomes for all, working hand-in-hand with innovation leaders and practitioners around the world.”
Capgemini will work with the S-DEL on its initial five research tracks:
- Digital Platforms: The ways that companies are doing business via digital platforms and intelligent technologies—and the impact these advancements will have on the economy and society.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & the Future of Work: Understanding the evolution of the global workforce in a rapidly changing digital economy
- Data-Driven Decision Making and Management Practices: Measuring, assessing, and predicting how data-driven decision-making and management practices are impacting the global economy and workforce.
- Economic and Productivity Impacts of COVID-19: Studies around how businesses and workers are adapting to measures, such as lockdowns and remote working, brought on by the pandemic.
- Measuring the Digital Economy: The exploration and creation of better methods and models to measure the health of an increasingly digital-centric economy.
As a core foundation of Capgemini’s innovation programs, the San Francisco Applied Innovation Exchange’s first collaboration with S-DEL will focus on its Digital Platforms research track.
Click here to read the Stanford Digital Economy Lab’s article
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organisation of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want I www.capgemini.com
About Capgemini’s Applied Innovation Exchange
Capgemini’s Applied Innovation Exchange (AIE) brings together a framework for action, a global network of exchanges, and a rich and diverse ecosystem to deliver a high-performance innovation engagement experience through a portfolio of more than 20+ distinct services that span the breadth of the applied innovation process.
+33 6 04 52 16 55
+33 6 04 52 16 55
- (11/12/2021) Capgemini becomes Nobel International Partner to support innovation and science for a more sustainable future
- (11/9/2021) Businesses must embrace circular economy practices and enable greater consumer adoption to build resilience for the future
- (10/28/2021) Capgemini raises all its 2021 financial targets after an excellent third quarter
- (9/24/2021) Capgemini pledges to plant 20 million trees by 2030 in support of its commitment to a sustainable planet
- (9/16/2021) Capgemini joins the Stanford Digital Economy Lab (S-DEL) affiliates program to unlock new opportunities created by digitization
+1 203 644 4899
+1 203 644 4899