Capgemini Group launches new advanced research project with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The collaboration will focus on establishing new paradigms for building trust in AI and autonomous systems
New York, April 14, 2022 – Capgemini announced today the launch of a new research collaboration project with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Part of the Capgemini Group and world leader in engineering and R&D services, Capgemini Engineering, is developing a program in collaboration with the university ecosystem around cutting-edge technologies, and will develop thought leadership, assets, and services that help strengthen trust in future technologies. The collaboration will also focus on addressing how technology can help solve the key challenges of a more intelligent industry in society.
Andy Vickers, Head of Hybrid Intelligence at Capgemini Engineering, together with a team of specialists in Data Science and AI, will work with a team of researchers led by Professor Daniela Rus, Director of the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL), on the validation, assurance, and certification of Artificial Intelligence, and on supporting the interpretability and auditability of learned control systems.
“Together we have defined a shared goal of creating a robust interpretability framework for today’s AI systems, which is important for safety-critical applications. We look forward to working closely with Capgemini Engineering to foster this vision of the future”, said Professor Daniela Rus, Director, MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.
“Achieving a high-level of confidence and trust in AI-based systems is a key enabler for realizing the Intelligent Industry, so we are thrilled to collaborate with MIT on this demanding topic and we will continue to expand our strategic research program to nurture our focus on innovation,” said William Rozé, CEO of Capgemini Engineering and Group Executive Board Member.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Get the Future You Want I www.capgemini.com
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com/invent
+33 6 04 52 16 55
+33 6 04 52 16 55
- (4/28/2022) Capgemini Group delivers record growth of 17.7% in Q1 2022
- (4/15/2022) Capgemini launches new advanced research project with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- (3/30/2022) Organizations are increasing investment and exploration in quantum technologies with expectations of first commercial applications in 3-5 years
- (3/18/2022) Changes to the composition of Capgemini Group's Board of Directors proposed to the 2022 Shareholders’ Meeting
- (3/15/2022) Ethisphere announces Capgemini Group as one of the 2022 World’s Most Ethical Companies for the 10th consecutive year
- (1/13/2022) Capgemini Group launches a dedicated Quantum Lab and announces a new agreement with IBM...
- (12/8/2021) Capgemini Group recognized for its leadership in tackling climate change...
- (12/6/2021) Capgemini Group sets its ESG objectives to reinforce the impact of its sustainable development strategy
- (11/12/2021) Capgemini becomes Nobel International Partner to support innovation and science for a more sustainable future
- (11/9/2021) Businesses must embrace circular economy practices and enable greater consumer adoption to build resilience for the future